Saturday, August 24, 2013

Samurai Sushi

Ok. Today I am blogging about the absolute best sushi place (in my opinion) here in Anchorage.  I have tried several other sushi places here in town, but nothing compares to the quality of food and service of Samurai Sushi.  Here is their address and contact info:

Samurai Sushi
1265 Muldoon Road
Anchorage, AK 99504

phone: 907-332-1020
website: http://www.samuraisushiak.com

This place is simply amazing! They have extremely talented sushi chefs.  (And the chefs in the back who create the tempura and other dishes are pretty dang good, too!)  I have been frequenting Samurai Sushi for the past 3 years; more frequently for the past year and half. :)

I am never disappointed at any time at this restaurant.  For the past year, I have ordered the "same" thing at each visit: A chef special.  What is that?  Well, it is whatever the sushi chef decides to create for me!  These generally run about $20 for the roll.  However, I do get a bowl of the yummiest miso soup as well as a salad along with my unique roll.

Here is a photo of the roll I received last night:



And here is a close up shot of one of the bites of the sushi roll:

And a close up shot of the salad:


I know you have all seen miso soup before, but here is a photo of their miso soup:

Yes, there are chopsticks in my bowl of soup. . . I don't know if you are supposed to stir it up so that it all blends together, because it does separate into a clear broth and the tofu stuff (I think that is what the cloudy part is, but I don't know for sure).

I don't know what they put in their miso soup, but it is simply divine! I could eat this stuff every single day!

Here is a photo of my boyfriend's "the usual," also known as a California Tobiko Roll and a Hawaiian Roll:

I personally love the little orange tobiko on the Cali roll.

Every now and then we will get a little dessert when we go there.  We chose not to get a dessert last night, but here is a photo of a dessert that we have enjoyed in the past:

I strongly recommend sitting at the sushi bar when you go.  The chefs are amazing to watch (I swear I would lose a finger trying to cut things as gracefully as they do!) and they are quite funny as well.  Ask CJ to show you his chain and ring trick.  He is a trip!

I could go on and on about how wonderful the food is here, but then one blog would have about 100 photos of yummy rolls and sashimi and would probably take an hour for a page to load. LOL  So, I will only share these photos for the time being.  But please be on the look out for a future blog about Samurai Sushi!  I find myself eating there just about every week.  I will make a point of ordering something different so that I can share with you the many items they have on their menu.  (Warning though: I am highly allergic to soft-shelled crabs, so nothing I order will have that in it.  So if you are wondering about their spider roll, I can't give you an opinion on it.  I have seen it though, and it looks amazing!)

I don't have the exact total of how much our bill was last night; Generally for my chef special and my boyfriend's two rolls, our bill is just over $40.  Yes, it's not cheap to dine out here, but the rolls (and other items on the menu) are completely worth every single penny!  Everything is very fresh tasting and the flavors these chefs have created blend amazingly together.  I have often said that eating here causes a tongue-gasm.  Just thinking about the food here makes me instantly salivate.

My Tifa's Tidbit score for Samurai Sushi is 5 stars!  This place is amazing!  Please let me know how much you enjoy this restaurant after you have tasted their creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment